You’ve probably noticed that points are kind of a big deal for IHG® Rewards Club members. It’s just one of your several benefits, but for many, it’s an overwhelming favorite. Because those guests know that points equal rewards.
What are points?
Simply put, you earn them when you travel or participate in programs, and you redeem them however you like—hotel stays, gift cards, electronics…You can even choose from thousands of songs and eBooks, brand name clothing and household goods. Or use your points to bid on exclusive vacation packages with IHG Rewards Club Auctions.
Reward Nights are popular, obviously. Because vacations are better when your room is cash-free. (You can also reduce your rate by using a combination of Points & Cash. It’s a great way to travel for less, even if you don’t have enough points for the whole stay.)
How do points make my life better?
You can upgrade your playlist with music downloads for just 300 points. And you can find PointBreaks® Reward Nights for as little as 5,000. Plus, there are thousands of redemption options in the IHG® Rewards Club Catalog—and digital rewards, too. So there’s something for everyone.
Bonus points vs. Base points
There are 2 kinds of points in IHG Rewards Club.
- Bonus points are primarily earned through promotions and help you earn rewards.
- Base points are rewarded for hotel stays, as well as several partner programs & other methods. In addition to being used for rewards, they count toward your Elite status & qualify you for member level upgrades.
How do you earn them?
The most adventurous way is to travel. You’ll earn on every stay. And as you advance from Club to Elite status, you’ll earn even faster—especially when you enroll in promotions, like Accelerate.
There are also partner program, like IHG® Rewards Club Dining, which rewards you for visiting select restaurants. You can register 5 credit cards and you don’t need to carry or show anything else. No fees either. Just pick from over 11,000 restaurants, bars or clubs and enjoy your meal. You even earn on take-out, delivery and the tip.
Car services, like Uber, Hertz & Groundlink are another great way to earn. Or on cruises when you feel like hitting the high seas.
So, you see it’s not just about staying, it’s about having fun.
Here are more ways you can earn*:
- Hertz: Up to 30% off, plus 1,500 points per rental & up to 500 points per day
- IHG® Rewards Club Dining: Register your cards to earn at over 11,000 restaurants
- Uber: 2,000 points for your first ride, plus get your first ride free (up to $20)
- Dollar/Thrifty: earn 125 points per day
- Cruise: earn 20,000 points
- A Greener Stay: bypass housekeeping to earn 500 points on your stay
- Points & Cash: Stay for less by combining points with cash
- Bonus Points Packages: Earn up to 5,000 points per stay
- Points Purchase: Instantly bridge the gap to your next reward
- Holiday Inn Club Vacation Package: Vacation packages from $199, plus 10,000 points
Most of these options are available to you every time you stay—and there are several ways to earn right from your home. So even if you don’t travel often, you’ll still enjoy the benefits of being a member.
How do I get started?
*All offers subject to change and availability. Please check individual terms & conditions prior to purchasing.