There are so many places to visit throughout Atlanta, from family friendly attractions to outdoor adventures. Here are 11 of the top things to do when you come to Atlanta.
Walk on the wild side
- The aquarium between 100,000 and 120,000 fish and other sea creatures
- One of the world’s most largest aquariums
- Contains more than 10 million gallons of water
- Experience the incredible AT&T Dolphin Celebration (and maybe even get a little wet)
- See the webcams inside.
- Unique educational programs for an experience of a lifetime
- America’s only twin pandas live at Zoo Atlanta
- Houses over 1,500 animals
- Create your own itinerary for your visit
- Children activities include interactive fun and engaging mystery hunts.
- Go behind the scenes after the zoo closes and become a Nightcrawler.
- Watch the Panda Cam online
World of Coca-Cola
- Experience the rich history of the soft drink with historical and international artifacts.
- Take a journey around the world in the 4D theater “In Search of the Secret Formula.”
- The tasting room contains more than 100 different flavors of Coca-Cola from around the world (You must try the Beverly flavor) 😈
- Go behind-the-scenes on the bottling process and visit the secret formula vault
- Visit the huge gallery of Pop Culture references from the famous drink.
- Check out the array of merchandise, collector’s items and apparel in the Coca-Cola store.
Take time to play
Center for Puppetry Arts
- One of the few puppet museums in the world
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour or learn what it takes to be a puppeteer
- Home to The Jim Henson Collection and learn how the Muppets came to life
- Check out the revolving Family Series of puppetry adaptions of famous stories
- See puppets from various time periods and countries around the world
- Stay for the Film Series that showcases puppets on the big screen
Six Flags Over Georgia
275 Riverside Parkway SW, Austell, GA
- Family friendly rides like The Joker Funhouse Coaster or Log Jamboree.
- Stop for moment and enjoy the incredible variety of dining options
- Discover the 4D interactive, indoor action ride, Justice League: Battle for Metropolis
- Mind Bender is North America’s first triple looping classic coaster
- Check out these tips for family fun and what’s new at Six Flags.
College Football Hall of Fame
- More than 50 interactive and engaging exhibits in 95,000 square feet of space
- Start off in The Quad, a wall of more than 750 football helmets which light up with your favorite school
- Experience the indoor playing field where you can kick a field goal or run through the obstacle course
- Sing your fight song and digitally paint your face with your school colors
- Ten augmented reality kiosks to learn more about the sport’s history
- Grab food for the family at the Chick-Fil-A restaurant, which is attached to the Hall of Fame
National Center for Civil and Human Rights
100 Ivan Allen Junior Boulevard
- View personal items in the rotating exhibition for the Morehouse College Martin Luther King. Jr. collection
- Gain a stronger understanding of human rights through interactive technology
- Immerse yourself in the interactive and audio displays for the Civil Rights Movement
- Find family savings to this and other Atlanta attractions
- After visiting the Center, head over to the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site
Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- Has an Argentinosaurus, the largest dinosaur ever classified
- NatureQuest, an interactive exhibition that turns kids into scientists, has won national and international awards
- Sit back and enjoy the Giant Screen Theater with 2D and 3D capabilities.
- Enjoy the large variety of family-fun activities, including how to be a meteorologist
- Explore more than two miles of paths through the 65 acres of Fernbank Forest
- Get out in nature and enjoy Wildwoods, with its elevated walkway into the treetops
Delta Flight Museum
- The Delta Flight Museum is in the Delta headquarters near Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
- An overview tour of the Museum’s exhibitions and aircrafts
- The only full-motion flight simulator open to the public in the U.S.
- A 1940 Douglas DC-3 passenger plane and the Waco 125 biplane, the only aircraft of its kind remaining
- Read more about the history of Delta
Splendor in the grass
Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Art in the Garden features several permanent installations, including sculptures and water features
- Create your own day planner for your visit
- Check out which Atlanta Botanical Garden events are happening
- The Children’s Garden always has fun activities
- Dine at Longleaf, nestled next to the Gardenhouse
Eastside Trail, Westside Trail
- Sustainable redevelopment project with biking and walking trails that connect Atlanta neighborhoods
- Hop on the official Atlanta Beltline bus tour (Reservations required)
- Rather stay outdoors? Take the Atlanta Beltline bike tour (including rental options)
- Experience the annual Lantern Parade in September.
- Check out the calendar of events, including outdoor Yoga, skateboarding and art tours
For more information on these attractions and other places to visit in Midtown and Downtown, ask a front desk attendant from any one of our hotels in Atlanta.