Top IHG Reward Night destinations, Americas: No. 5 to 1
If you caught the first half of our Top 10 Reward Night destinations, you may already have a few trip ideas bubbling. But if you still need a little inspiration, here are the Top 5 most popular Reward Night vacations in America. (And when you go, don’t forget to share your #TravelFirsts.)
5. Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
The allure of Hawaii requires no explanation. It’s literally known for sunshine and rainbows.
Blue ocean views, cascading waterfalls and rare tropic flowers only add to its appeal.
Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber puts you in the perfect position to experience the islands. It’s conveniently located along Honolulu’s south coast, and its suites and rooms give you Instagram-worthy views. Plus, with easy access to the ocean (77-82° averages year-round!), a pool and several nearby restaurants, you’re never far from amazing #TravelFirsts.
To top things off, the Honolulu Zoo, several parks and Honolulu City Ala Wai Golf Course are all within walking distance. Oh, and Spa La Cure and Maui Brewing Company are located on-site. So you can pretty much unwind however you’d like or experience other fun parts of the city.
- 300 steps from the Pacific Ocean
- Ocean views, a scenic pool and Spa La Cure on-site -
- Maui Brewing Company restaurant and pub on-site
- Within walking distance of golf, parks, the zoo and luxury shops at New International Market Place
- Average Reward Night Cost: 40,000 Points
4. Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport
Any road warrior will tell you a great airport hotel is a gift from Hermes (the Greek god of travel).
So it’s no surprise that this gem adjacent to the world’s 4th-busiest airport is among our most popular.
When you’ve been on the go for a while, a comfy room, rejuvenating fitness center and a low-key pool at the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport can be just what the doctor ordered. It’s the perfect place to recover from red eyes, jet lag and long security lines. And Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach are less than 30 minutes away (Find 8 more nearby LA hotspots here).
You’ll find 5 restaurant options on-site, featuring everything from pub grub and craft beers to sushi and salad. Or if you’re looking for true taste of LA, In-N-Out Burger is just 5 minutes away. If you do business in Southern California, keep this one on your list.
- 5 restaurants & bars (with room service)
- On-site fitness center and outdoor pool
- 15 minutes from the beach
- Shuttle service to LAX Average
- Average Reward Night Cost: 30,000 Points
3. Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino
White sand beaches. Turquoise waters. Picture-perfect year-round weather. It would be shocking if this Caribbean oasis wasn’t near the top of our list.
The views from Aruba’s Palm Beach look a lot like Waikiki—but Aruba tends to be a more cost-effective tropical option for most mainlanders…though you’ll still need your passport.
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba features a palm tree-lined pool, a cocktail lounge, Etnika Spa and an activity center for kids. It’s even got a butterfly farm nearby! You can also enjoy 5 restaurants on-site, which serve up fresh-catch seafood, steaks and Italian fare daily. Did we mention there’s a casino?
It you can’t make it to Aruba during the summer, don’t worry. This locale is desirable year-round. (As seen on our list of the 10 Best Beach Destinations During the Winter Months.)
- Oceanside pool and Etnika Spa
- 5 restaurants and bars on-site
- Located near Tierra del Sol Golf Course, Arikok National Park and the Butterfly Farm -
- Luxury shops and nightlife within walking distance
- Average Reward Night Cost: 35,000 Points
2. InterContinental New York Times Square
This isn’t the first time we’ve discussed Times Square in our top 10 (spoiler alert: it won’t be the last). It turns out the entertainment epicenter of the world is a pretty popular place.
Located amid Manhattan’s theater, fashion and business districts, the 36-story InterContinental New York Times Square puts guests in prime position to experience everything that makes New York unique.
Each room is lavishly adorned, and suites give guests up to 2,700 square feet of precious New York real estate. Floor-to-ceiling windows provide stunning views and selfie backdrops of the Hudson River and New York skyline–and the property’s cocktail bar and kitchen are the perfect place to unwind.
And you won’t have to travel far to find a good time. The hotel is just 2 blocks from Manhattan’s Restaurant Row and 1 block from premier Broadway productions, including Phantom of the Opera, Kinky Boots and Hamilton.
This is the perfect destination for a romantic getaway—and if you need some ideas for how to celebrate your upcoming special occasion, you can find 8 great NYC date ideas here.
- Times Square, Restaurant Row & the Javits Convention Center in close proximity
- 36-stories featuring suites as large as 2,700 square feet
- The Stinger Cocktail Bar and Kitchen on-site
- Floor-to-ceiling views of the NYC skyline and Hudson River
- Average Reward Night Cost: 60,000 Points
1. Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Yup. New York again
You’ve likely seen Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan before. Ever tune in to New Year’s Rockin’ Eve? We’re right there in the background.
While it’s the flash that catches everyone’s eye, it’s the hotel’s comfortable rooms, abundant amenities and first-rate hospitality that keeps the guests coming back.
Consider it the perfect blend of the New York properties we’ve already mentioned. It’s upscale, but not too fancy. It’s family friendly, but sophisticated enough for an adults-only escape. And while the inside is your oasis, the city that never sleeps is just beyond the lobby door. If you make it here, you can make it anywhere…on foot. Rockefeller Center, Central Park, The Museum of Modern Art and Broadway are all within walking distance. And if you want to explore further, here are 20 things to do near New York City.
Plus, you can view the hustle and bustle of Times Square from above. Both on-site restaurants (Brasserie 1605 and Broadway 49) overlook the most happening area in New York.
There’s no better place to take a bite out of the Big Apple. Given this venue’s popularity, our only recommendation is that you lock down your Reward Night reservation as far in advance as possible.
- Located near all major Midtown Manhattan attractions
- Rooms and on-site restaurants overlook Times Square
- Surrounded by Broadway theaters and premier restaurants - 29,000 square foot fitness center with indoor lap pool
- Average Reward Night Cost: 50,000 Points
So there you have it. The 10 most desirable destination in the Americas. Feeling inspired? Go ahead and reserve a Reward Night or two. Or three! They’re your points. Use ‘em! Short on points? You can still stay for less by combining Points & Cash. It allows you to stay using as little as 5,000 points.